Our team is here to service you during this difficult time. Don’t Fear! We Care! Some things you should know about our current services and operations.
Please call us first, 401-722-0081. Our staff will assist you by phone and have you speak to a nurse or schedule an appointment via telehealth using phone or video with your provider. If you are pregnant or have children under the age of 3, you will be seen by appointment at our 39 East Avenue location. If you are sick, most appointments are scheduled via telehealth. If you need respiratory assessment or COVID-19 testing, your provider will quickly schedule that for you at our 1000 Broad Street location.
No visitors except for parents, guardians or caregivers for patients with appointments. At this time, we must restrict visitors to only caregivers/parents/guardians. If you are a caregiver or parent or guardian of a minor child, you will need to be sure you have not traveled outside of the United States in the last 14 days, have not had direct contact with anyone who tested positive for Coronavirus and are healthy. We cannot allow anyone to enter our buildings if you have a fever or cough or if you have had a fever or cough in the last 14 days.
Summary of Services
- Telehealth is a virtual visit that allows you to video call a provider using your personal telephone, tablet or computer and internet access. Available by appointment Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. For more information on Telehealth, click here.
- Curbside Care is available 39 East Avenue by appointment and we are able to provide care without you coming into the building! For more information, click here.
- Express Health is available by appointment only in Central Falls and Pawtucket. Central Falls Express Health is available Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, and Pawtucket Saturday Express Health, 8am to 4:30pm. Please call 401-722-0081 first.
- If you are a healthy pregnant woman or have a child under 3 who is healthy, your provider will see you at 39 East Avenue only until further notice. This is to ensure and protect our most vulnerable patients from illness. Children may not see their usual provider for check-ups, however we have excellent providers at 39 East Avenue that we know you will love.
- Respiratory and COVID-19 testing avilable, Monday through Saturday, by appointment for BVCHC patients
- Based on clinical guidelines from the CDC, we have made changes to our Dental and Optometry services.
- Behavioral Health understands that these are very trying times and our team is here to help you. We are offering check-ins via telephone or virtual video (telehealth) sessions for those seeking behavioral health support. For more information, click here. Call 401-722-0081 to schedule your telehealth appointment with our team.
Services that should Wait
Medical Forms and Letters
If you need a medical forms complete, please do not come to our office to obtain forms or pick-up medical records. Forms that we need to complete must be mailed or faxed to us at 401-312-0318.
CDC recommends that travelers avoid all nonessential international travel because of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, if you need more information, please click here.
At this time, we ask that you do not come to our clinic for a return to work note, if you need a note that allows you to return to work, please click here.
To learn more on how to protect yourself, your family and your home from Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.
Looking for community recources to bridge the gap while you are out of work and your children are out of school, click here.