COVID-19 PreventionBlackstone Valley Community Health Care wants to assure you that we are here for you and will continue to provide high quality care. With guidance from the Rhode Island Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control, we are taking steps to make sure our health centers remain a safe place for every patient and to reduce your risk of being exposed to Coronavirus. We are also committed to the health and safety of our patients and staff. We have transportation services available to assist you.
The best way to prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) is to:
- Cover your mouth when you cough. Use your arm so your hand doesn’t spread the illness.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer often.
- Stay home when you have a fever and difficulty breathing or have fever with a bad cough that won’t go away.
- Limit travel or avoid gatherings with more than 10 people per the CDC and RI Department of Health
- There is little evidence that a mask prevents the illness, and currently the CDC and RI Department of Health do not recommend masks for people who aren’t sick.
- To learn more about CDC best practices on how to protect yourself, click here.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Facts not Fear: Know the facts about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and help stop the spread of rumors.
You can take steps to protect the health of you and your family, here are some helpful links:
- CDC has provided an approved checklist to get ready!.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding, click here.
- Tips on how to keep your children healthy while school's out, click here.
- If you are worried about your pets, click here for more information.
- The CDC recommends disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and objects. For example: tables, countertops, light switches, doorknobs, and cabinet handles. For more information on, click here.
- Dealing with the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) can be very stressful for adults and children. For more information on how to cope, click here.
For more information on COVID-19 Patient Resources, click here.
Please call us first before you come in until further notice.