Blackstone Valley Community Health Care offers behavioral health treatment to support the emotional wellbeing of each patient. Our team works closely with primary care providers to screen and assess the social, emotional, and behavioral needs of each patient. Counseling treatment is provided by highly trained Licensed Independent Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, and Licensed Mental Health Counselors.
Our team includes Spanish, Portuguese, and Creole speaking providers.
Services we provide:
- Individual Therapy 1:1 support for patients to help address mental health challenges to change or improve quality of life.
- Group Therapy allows patients to receive support from our behavioral health clinicians and other members of the group, helping them to feel less alone or isolated.
- Recovery Group, co-led by a behavioral health clinician and peer recovery specialist.
- Diabetes Management Group, co-led by a behavioral health clinician and nurse.
- Post-Partum Depression Group led by a behavioral health clinician.
Referral Services if you are in need of more intensive, wrap-around services than we can provide, our team can help connect you to local community resources.
Peer Recovery Coaching offered by a certified recovery specialist to provide insight into the recovery process and help patients become and stay engaged in the recovery process to reduce the likelihood of relapse. To learn more, contact Valerie at 401-312-5247.
Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) an evidence-based practice used to identify, reduce, and prevent problematic use, abuse, and dependence on alcohol and illicit drugs.
Addiction Treatment Services coming soon: treatment for substance use disorders including medication-assisted recovery
Our Behavioral Health Team:
- Kelsey Okolowitcz, MA, LMHC - Director of Behavioral Health
- Valerie Carrington, BS, CPRS – Peer Recovery Specialist
- Tirza Goncalves, MSW, LCSW - Behavioral Health Clinician
- Ana Lopez, MSW, LCSW – Behavioral Health Clinician
- Yuli Paula, MSW, LCSW – Behavioral Health Clinician
- Carol Reinert, MA, LMHC – Behavioral Health Clinician